Sunday, September 25, 2011

Never happy

Nothing makes me happy.  Last week I complained because mainstream news outlets were not covering the Wall Street protests.  Yahoo blocked email messages about the event.  Searching "Wall Street protest" on the New York Times web site turns up four entries in the newspaper's City Room blog.  Rupert Murdoch's NY Post dismissed the first day of the rally as a "fizzle," then followed up with a small photo gallery.

Today, I'm annoyed because the NY Times is finally covering the protest.   The article emphasizes the protester's lack of knowledge about the system they oppose.  The demonstrators are better at street theater than history or economics.  And, that's why I'm pissed off.  The article is, I suspect, correct.  I was hoping for Abbie Hoffman or Tom Hadyn; lower Manhattan, instead, got Wavy Gravy.

Too bad that Ms. Ballafante didn't make the obvious connection:  the protesters despite their shortcomings all sound like fucking geniuses compared with the participants in last week's Republican presidential debate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment